The CLC Microbial Genome Finishing Module is an add-on module to CLC Genomics Workbench, which has been developed to help finish the assembly of small genomes.
CLC Microbial Genome Finishing Module is a collection of tools with different
functionalities to identify, visualize, and solve problems in genome
assemblies. The tools are:
- Align Contigs. Aligns contigs to a reference sequence or, in the absence of
a reference, to the contigs themselves.
- Analyze Contigs. Analyzes the contig read mappings for possible
misassemblies, single strandedness, coverage, broken pairs, and unaligned
- Collect Paired Reads Statistics. Detects paired reads that map to separate
- Create Amplicons. Places amplicon annotations on sequences. Used before the
Primer Creator to subdivide regions of interest into fragments of suitable
- Create Primers. Automates primer design for re-sequencing purposes.
- Add Reads to Contigs. Adds additional sequence data to existing contigs.
- Sample Reads. Allows a user-defined reduction in the number of reads.
- Find Sequence. Searches for names, sequence strings, or annotations in de
novo assemblies, mappings, and sequencing data.
- Reassemble Regions. Reassembles selected regions in contigs. Useful for
solving small misassemblies.
- Extend Contigs. Extends contigs with existing reads.