With the rollout of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine underway, there has been much concern over its required storage temperature. How can governments plan and implement cold chain vaccine logistics in a cost efficient and safe way? BioTechniques spoke with Jesal Doshi, Deputy CEO at B Medical Systems (Luxembourg) about the cold chain logistics of the current COVID-19 vaccine rollouts. Tell us about the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine and the issues that can arise with the transportation and storage of it. The Pfizer vaccine is required to be stored at -70 degrees Celsius, and can be kept at 2 to 8 degrees Celsius for...
To view this content, please register now for access
Join our member community for FREE to access a collection of journal and online-only features, including:
- Exclusive access to educational videos, eBooks and insights into top BioTechniques journal articles
- The latest news and journal updates delivered straight to your inbox when you want it
- Personalized recommendations for the latest member-exclusive podcasts, interviews and expert opinions
- Priority registration to webinars, panel discussions and events
- Access to competitions and journal publication discounts, including 10% off open access fees when you sign up today!