Many of us have been riding the academic bus since graduate school, but only a few know where it will take us. “So, what are you going to do now?” I have lost count as to how many times I have been asked this question ever since I publicly announced my decision to leave the academic system. One may immediately think of this inquiry as analogous to the “what do you want to be when you grow up?” question that is customary to every childhood story. However, I think that the former often holds deeper interests beyond plain curiosity. We...
To view this content, please register now for access
Become a member of BioTechniques for FREE to receive:
- Exclusive access to educational videos, eBooks and insights into top BioTechniques journal articles
- The latest news delivered straight to your inbox when you want it
- Personalized recommendations for the latest member-exclusive podcasts, interviews and expert opinions
- Priority registration to webinars, panel discussions and events
- Access to competitions and journal publication discounts, including 10% off open access fees when you sign up today!