As the obesity and COVID-19 pandemics collide, new research presents a possible vehicle to advance obesity treatment. A new study has revealed an antibody mimetic of fibroblast growth factor 21 (FGF21) that is safe and effective in reducing the weight of obese patients in a recent clinical study. Led by Puneet Arora (Principia Biopharma, CA, USA), the team first conducted trials in non-human primates before moving on to a small clinical trial to test their obesity treatment in a human model. The task of finding new resolutions to the obesity pandemic has been a key focus for researchers in the...
To view this content, please register now for access
Join our member community for FREE to access a collection of journal and online-only features, including:
- Exclusive access to educational videos, eBooks and insights into top BioTechniques journal articles
- The latest news and journal updates delivered straight to your inbox when you want it
- Personalized recommendations for the latest member-exclusive podcasts, interviews and expert opinions
- Priority registration to webinars, panel discussions and events
- Access to competitions and journal publication discounts, including 10% off open access fees when you sign up today!