BioTechniques is excited to announce the launch of our new website for the hosting of news, videos, interviews, webinars and much more; providing up-to-date information on the technical tools and laboratory methods vital to professional life scientists.
As part of the launch we are running a social media competition to get your feedback on the new website and help us to continue to evolve this resource to better suit your needs. To be in with a chance of winning one of our great prizes follow us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn now and scroll down to find out more!
We have taken reader and subscriber feedback on board, and the information has been utilized to generate a brand new website. This aims to deliver an optimized user experience, providing greater clarity and accessibility for content and lays the foundations for new features and formats of science communication that will help the life science community keep abreast of the latest tools and techniques. We now aim to ensure we are continually evolving the journal, keeping up to date with the similarly rapidly evolving field of life science research.
To celebrate the launch, we are giving you the chance to win a great selection of prizes from a gift basket to Amazon eGift cards.
Christmas was plentiful for the BioTechniques team, but now it’s out with the old and in with the new. As well as leaving behind our old website, we are also leaving behind chocolate for our New Year’s resolution.
But our rivals within Future Science Group are trying to tempt us back to our old ways by hiding delicious chocolate all over the news content of our new website.
Help us by finding the chocolate so we can remove it before the temptation becomes too much!
1. To enter the competition, share the launch page on your Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, utilizing the share widget at the bottom of the article.
2. Each day from Monday 14th January to Saturday 19th January, we will release a clue that will indicate on which page of the website the chocolate is placed. Solve the clue and find the chocolate hidden on our webpages.
3. Once you have found the chocolate, share the article on social media by scrolling down to the bottom of the page and clicking the share button. Tag BioTechniques and use the #NewYearNewBTN to be in with a chance of winning the daily prize. One share = one entry. There is no limit to the number of entries per person – raise your chances by entering multiple times.
4. One winner will be announced daily, with each daily winner receiving a US $25 Amazon eGift card.
5. At the end of the week, those that have found the most chocolate (out of a possible six) will be in with a chance to win a gift basket, as well as a featured article on the new BioTechniques website.
Want more high quality science? Claim your FREE subscription to BioTechniques here.
Terms & Conditions
- The closing date of the Prize Draw is on 21st January 2019. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
- The winner will receive a gift basket, with six daily winners receiving an Amazon eGift card worth US $25.
- The winners will be notified by email on or before 21st January 2019 and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to BioTechniques within 5 working days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and BioTechniques shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 5 working days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and BioTechniques shall be entitled to select another winner.
- The prize will be sent to the winner by BioTechniques via courier or via email dependent on prize.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Prize Draw and the winner shall participate in such activity on BioTechniques’ reasonable request. The winner consents to the use by BioTechniques and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the Prize Draw for an unlimited time, of the winner’s photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by BioTechniques and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Prize Draw, all entrants consent to the same.
Updated 16 January, 2019