With the recent victory of the Biden—Harris campaign in the US Presidential Election and the impending inauguration of the new Democratic Party President in January 2021, the consensus in scientific communities seems to be of hope and positivity. Here, we take a look at what the new presidency will mean for science. What do both Joe Biden and Kamala Harris stand for regarding science and how do their previous records indicate they will stand on key scientific issues? What can the past tell us about the fortunes of science under Democratic and Republican Presidents and will the future of politics...
To view this content, please register now for access
Become a member of BioTechniques for FREE to receive:
- Exclusive access to educational videos, eBooks and insights into top BioTechniques journal articles
- The latest news delivered straight to your inbox when you want it
- Personalized recommendations for the latest member-exclusive podcasts, interviews and expert opinions
- Priority registration to webinars, panel discussions and events
- Access to competitions and journal publication discounts, including 10% off open access fees when you sign up today!