October 2020 – Vol. 69 No. 4
- November 2020 ‐ Vol. 69 No. 5
- December 2020 ‐ Vol. 69 No. 6
Best of BioTechniques eBook – October to December 2020
Receive the best BioTechniques content from peer-reviewed journal articles to online-only interviews, opinions and the latest news all in one place, in this FREE Best of BioTechniques eBook.
Exclusive to BioTechniques members, register and download FREE now!
Highlights from this issue include:
From the Editor: Looking back on 2020 and forward to 2021
- Developing drugs for the ‘undruggable’
- CRISPR vs COVID-19: how can gene editing help beat a virus?
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic impacted PCR?
Reviews: Antibody validation for protein expression on tissue slides: a protocol for immunohistochemistry
Reports in brief:
- High-yield skeletal muscle protein recovery from TRIzol after RNA and DNA extraction
- A simplified method to produce mRNAs and functional proteins from synthetic double-stranded DNA templates
- Methods for simultaneous and quantitative isolation of mitochondrial DNA, nuclear DNA and RNA from mammalian cells
- A clinically validated human capillary blood transcriptome test for global systems biology studies
- Critical role of three-dimensional tumorsphere size on experimental outcome
- Reduced serum methods for contact-based coculture of human dermal fibroblasts and epidermal keratinocytes
- RPA-PCR couple: an approach to expedite plant diagnostics and overcome PCR inhibitors
Benchmarks in brief:
- DNA recovery from Droplet Digital™ PCR emulsions using liquid nitrogen
- Quality control and statistical evaluation of combinatorial DNA libraries using nanopore sequencing
- Comparison of target enrichment strategies for ancient pathogen DNA
Plus new products for your lab, information on our cover competition, and many more method articles, interviews and expert opinion pieces.
Want to publish with BioTechniques? submit through our manuscript portal.