Hot off his recent inclusion in the Fortune 40 under 40 list, we speak to Abasi Ene-Obong about his company 54gene, the role it has played in Nigeria’s response to COVID-19 and the recent partnership with Illumina, set to bring a state of the art sequencing facility to Nigeria. Abasi is the CEO of 54gene, a company that he founded after identifying that the data gap in genetic information from Africans and people with African genetic heritage would lead to inequities in the development of precision medicines. With the official aim of equalizing precision medicine and bringing its promise to...
To view this content, please register now for access
Join our member community for FREE to access a collection of journal and online-only features, including:
- Exclusive access to educational videos, eBooks and insights into top BioTechniques journal articles
- The latest news and journal updates delivered straight to your inbox when you want it
- Personalized recommendations for the latest member-exclusive podcasts, interviews and expert opinions
- Priority registration to webinars, panel discussions and events
- Access to competitions and journal publication discounts, including 10% off open access fees when you sign up today!