The first national population-level study has shed light on the effect of the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. The ‘real-world’ effectiveness of the first dose of the BNT162b2 mRNA (Pfizer–BioNTech) and ChAdOx1 (University of Oxford–AstraZeneca) vaccines has been revealed in a prospective study of Scotland’s population of 5.4 million, covering 1.14 million vaccinations, using the EAVE II database. Take a survey on your perspectives of COVID-19 immunology research and you could win a $25 Amazon voucher. Take the survey now! The study results are currently available as a preprint, meaning they are yet to be peer-reviewed. The findings...
To view this content, please register now for access
Become a member of BioTechniques for FREE to receive:
- Exclusive access to educational videos, eBooks and insights into top BioTechniques journal articles
- The latest news delivered straight to your inbox when you want it
- Personalized recommendations for the latest member-exclusive podcasts, interviews and expert opinions
- Priority registration to webinars, panel discussions and events
- Access to competitions and journal publication discounts, including 10% off open access fees when you sign up today!