Delve behind the scenes of a recent Benchmark paper published in BioTechnqiues entitled, “CRISPR-PN2: a flexible and genome aware platform for diverse CRISPR experiments in parasitic nematodes.” Damien O’Halloran Beginning his life in academia with a Ph.D. from Maynooth University (Ireland) under the tutelage of Ann Burnell, Damien O’Halloran fostered an interest in the senses of nematodes and how they interpret their environments. O’Halloran established a lab at George Washington University (D.C., USA) in 2012, focussing it on his passion in an attempt to understand how the free-living nematode, Caenorhabditis elegans encodes sensory information and how parasitic nematodes locate and...
To view this content, please register now for access
Join our member community for FREE to access a collection of journal and online-only features, including:
- Exclusive access to educational videos, eBooks and insights into top BioTechniques journal articles
- The latest news and journal updates delivered straight to your inbox when you want it
- Personalized recommendations for the latest member-exclusive podcasts, interviews and expert opinions
- Priority registration to webinars, panel discussions and events
- Access to competitions and journal publication discounts, including 10% off open access fees when you sign up today!