The first set of data from Pfizer and BioNTech’s Phase III clinical trial of their COVID-19 vaccine candidate, BNT162b2, have been reported, indicating a 90% efficacy rate. The Phase III clinical trial of Pfizer (NY, USA) and BioNTech’s (Mainz, Germany) vaccine candidate, BNT162b2, has reached a critical threshold in the trial. Of over 43,000 participants in the trial, 94 cases of COVID-19 have been observed in the study cohort, surpassing the 62 cases required by the US FDA to allow the study to conduct its first interim analysis. The division in these cases between the vaccine group and the placebo...
To view this content, please register now for access
Become a member of BioTechniques for FREE to receive:
- Exclusive access to educational videos, eBooks and insights into top BioTechniques journal articles
- The latest news delivered straight to your inbox when you want it
- Personalized recommendations for the latest member-exclusive podcasts, interviews and expert opinions
- Priority registration to webinars, panel discussions and events
- Access to competitions and journal publication discounts, including 10% off open access fees when you sign up today!