In addition to the latest methods updates, this issue of BioTechniques dives into metagenomics, the future of slide scanners, and point-of-care technology development during COVID-19. Technology news Are future pandemics inevitable, or will the lessons we’ve learned from COVID-19 help prevent them in the future? Here, Editors Abigail Sawyer, Tristan Free and Joseph Martin examine how advances in metagenomics might be key to preventing ‘this’ from happening again. Read now: Metagenomics: preventing future pandemics Expert Opinion Brightfield microscopy is standard lab tech, but how can we build on it? Here, UC Davis (CA, USA) researchers Farzad Fereidouni and Richard Levenson...
To view this content, please register now for access
Join our member community for FREE to access a collection of journal and online-only features, including:
- Exclusive access to educational videos, eBooks and insights into top BioTechniques journal articles
- The latest news and journal updates delivered straight to your inbox when you want it
- Personalized recommendations for the latest member-exclusive podcasts, interviews and expert opinions
- Priority registration to webinars, panel discussions and events
- Access to competitions and journal publication discounts, including 10% off open access fees when you sign up today!