Happy DNA Day from the BioTechniques team! April 25th is DNA Day – commemorating both the completion of the Human Genome Project in 2003, and the discovery of the double helix in 1953. With genome sequencing becoming cheaper and a steady stream of advances towards personalized medicine, questions around transparency into how our genomic data is stored, utilized and even monetized are coming to the fore. This DNA day, the first ever genomic non-fungible token (NFT) is going on sale – that of George Church – the ‘Father of Synthetic Biology’ and the fifth person to have their full genome...
To view this content, please register now for access
Become a member of BioTechniques for FREE to receive:
- Exclusive access to educational videos, eBooks and insights into top BioTechniques journal articles
- The latest news delivered straight to your inbox when you want it
- Personalized recommendations for the latest member-exclusive podcasts, interviews and expert opinions
- Priority registration to webinars, panel discussions and events
- Access to competitions and journal publication discounts, including 10% off open access fees when you sign up today!