In this episode, BioTechniques Digital Editor, Tristan Free, addresses the ‘reproducibility crisis’. This is a concerning trend in the life sciences in which published papers and established principals are unable to be repeated by other researchers and, at times, even by the researchers who provided the initial results. Marc Raphael. Credit: U.S. Naval Research Laboratory/Jamie Hartman To do this I speak to two scientists driving forward reproducibility in the life sciences, Marc Raphael from the United States Naval Research Laboratory (MD, USA), and Elizabeth Iorns, CEO of Science Exchange (CA, USA). Marc discusses his recent trial of independent verification and validation...
To view this content, please register now for access
Become a member of BioTechniques for FREE to receive:
- Exclusive access to educational videos, eBooks and insights into top BioTechniques journal articles
- The latest news delivered straight to your inbox when you want it
- Personalized recommendations for the latest member-exclusive podcasts, interviews and expert opinions
- Priority registration to webinars, panel discussions and events
- Access to competitions and journal publication discounts, including 10% off open access fees when you sign up today!