The vaccine created by Pfizer and BioNTech has been approved for use by the UK’s regulator, MHRA, making it the first COVID-19 vaccine to gain approval in a western country. The NHS will begin to roll out the first 800,000 doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine (NY, USA and Mainz, Germany, respectively) next week, with those living and working in care homes having top priority. The UK’s Health Secretary, Matt Hancock, has made it very clear that the public should wait until they are contacted by the NHS to receive a vaccine. The UK has ordered 40 million doses of the...
To view this content, please register now for access
Become a member of BioTechniques for FREE to receive:
- Exclusive access to educational videos, eBooks and insights into top BioTechniques journal articles
- The latest news delivered straight to your inbox when you want it
- Personalized recommendations for the latest member-exclusive podcasts, interviews and expert opinions
- Priority registration to webinars, panel discussions and events
- Access to competitions and journal publication discounts, including 10% off open access fees when you sign up today!